- The Shark DuoClean Lift-Away Speed is a lightweight, compact upright vacuum with the power and versatility to clean all surfaces. - DuoClean technology picks up large, small, and fine debris from carpets and bare floors. With Lift-Away technology you can convert the upright vacuum to a lightweight pod to easily clean stairs, furniture, ceilings, and other above-floor areas. Enhanced swivel steering offers the ultimate maneuverability experience. - Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology traps over 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum, keeping them out of the air you breathe.* - The brushroll garage opens easily, giving you quick access to your brushrolls for convenient maintenance. *Based on ASTM F1977 of particles between 0.3 microns and larger.
DuoClean Technology combines a bristle brush to deep-clean carpets with an additional soft brushroll to pull in larger particles and directly engage floors for a polished look.
Lift-Away technology allows you to lift-off the pod or canister and use it as a lightweight vacuum to easily clean above-floor surfaces such as stairs, furniture, ceilings, and more.
The sealed HEPA system captures and traps dust and allergens, not releasing them back into the air you breathe.
Shark offers a full assortment of accessories to handle all your cleaning needs. Some of these accessories may be included with your vacuum. Accessories are available for purchase on sharkaccessories.com. - 12" Crevice Tool: Clean in corners and other tight spaces or reach baseboards and ceilings with this slim crevice tool. - Duster Crevice Tool: Two cleaning tools in one. The crevice tool gives you extended cleaning reach for small spaces, while the soft dusting brush cleans a multitude of surfaces. - Pet Multi-Tool: A single convertible tool that offers two ways to battle tough pet messes: first, a stiff bristle brush removes stuck-on debris. Then take off the bristle head to reveal an upholstery tool for cleaning stubborn pet hair and large piles of debris from upholstery, tabletops, and more. - Upholstery Tool: picks up pet hair and large particles from curtains and other delicate fabrics like lampshades, shelves, tables, and walls. - Pet Power Brush: designed to remove pet hair and ground-in dirt from carpeted stairs and upholstery. - Accessory Storage Bag: Store all your vacuum accessories in this drawstring bag.
You can purchase replacement parts and other accessories on this website, at sharkaccessories.com.
The power cord is 30 feet long.
46 inches high, 9.5 inches wide, and 10 inches deep.
0.9 dry quarts to the MAX fill line.
The Shark DuoClean Lift-Away Speed is produced with a combination of durable ABS and PP plastics, along with some metal and rubber components.
The pet multi-tool, the crevice tool, and/or duster crevice tool can be stored onboard the specially designed accessory tool-holders on the back of the vacuum for quick and easy access.
It's available in black with gray, silver, and orange accents.
The Shark DuoClean Lift-Away Speed is manufactured by our high-quality vacuum manufacturing partners in China.
The Shark DuoClean Lift-Away Speed vacuum has two powerful settings for cleaning: Carpet setting for deep-cleaning carpets and Hard Floor setting for cleaning hardwood, ceramic tile, or area rugs. Note that the headlights will illuminate any time the power is on. - Hard floors: Simply slide the Power/Surface Selector button on the top of the pod to the Hard Floor setting and press down to turn on. Then tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle to activate the brushrolls. Note that the brushrolls will spin slowly in this mode. - Carpets: Slide the Power/Surface Selector button on the top of the pod to the Carpet setting and press down. Then tilt the handle back while you gently step on the floor nozzle to start the brushrolls. Note that the brushrolls will spin faster in this mode. - The brushroll indicator light on the floor nozzle will illuminate green when the brushroll is engaged.
Lift-Away cleaning mode allows you to clean above-floor areas quickly and efficiently. To convert to Lift-Away from upright vacuum mode, quickly release the power cord by turning the top cord wrap. Press the Lift-Away button to detach the pod from the floor nozzle. Lift off the pod by the carrying handle. Keep the cord out of the way by wrapping it around the upper cord hook. To clean with the wand for longer reach, press the Release Wand button. For up-close cleaning, detach the handle by pressing the handle release latch. Cleaning accessories can be attached to the either the handle or the wand.
To turn the vacuum off, press the Power/Surface Selector button.
Push down on the handle latch on the back side of the handle. Gently lift to remove the handle from the wand. Then attach your desired accessory and begin cleaning.
Remove the cord from the cord clip, then press the Release Wand button located on the top of the pod. Pull up on the top handle to remove the wand from the pod, then attach your desired cleaning accessory. To replace the wand, simply guide it behind the pod and press down until you hear a click.
- Due to the tremendous suction power of the Shark DuoClean Lift-Away Speed vacuum, the variable suction feature allows you to adjust the suction level to optimize cleaning on certain surfaces. - This feature should be used for cleaning certain high-pile carpets and area rugs, rugs with fringe, or when cleaning delicate fabrics (such as curtains) with your accessories. - The suction control is located at the base of the top handle. To decrease suction, slide the control toward MIN. To increase suction, slide toward MAX.
Additional accessories can be stored in an accessory bag, which can be purchased online.
1. Check to see if it is plugged in properly and all the vacuum parts are securely connected. 2. Check the circuit breaker/fuse. 3. Check to make sure the Power/Surface Selector button has been pushed. 4. If vacuum still does not run, see "How do I reset the motor thermostat" below.
1. Check the dust cup and empty if necessary. 2. Check and clean the filters. 3. Check the brushrolls and clean if needed. 4. If the dust cup, filter and brushroll don't require cleaning, check for blockages. (See "How do I check for blockages" below.)
1. Check for blockages. (See "How do I check for blockages" below.) 2. Check accessories and clear blockages if necessary. 3. Empty the dust cup and clean the filters.
1. Remove and inspect all hoses and tubes to make sure there are no obstructions. 2. Check the air duct behind the dust cup. 3. Open the brushroll garage and remove any blockages in the air path and any excess fibers or hair wrapped around the brushrolls.
1. Try using the Hard Floor setting so the brushroll will spin slower. 2. Open the variable suction control.
Certain dry temperatures in winter or in dry desert areas may cause common static electricity to build up in the vacuum and produce small shocks, similar to what you might experience from doorknobs, wool sweaters, or blankets. This is harmless. To avoid these small shocks, we recommend moisturizing your hands and/or removing wool socks or sweaters prior to vacuuming.
The powerful LED headlights are designed to illuminate debris in dark spaces to make cleaning more efficient. The headlights will illuminate whenever the power is on. The headlights are designed to last the life of the vacuum so they never need replacing.
- Turn the power off by pressing the Power/Surface Selector button. - Unplug the vacuum. - Check for clogged hoses or filters. Clear any clogs (refer to "How do I check for blockages" above) and wash filters as necessary. - Wait a minimum of 45 minutes for the vacuum to cool, then plug in the vacuum. - Press the Power/Surface Selector button to start the vacuum. - Note: If vacuum still does not start, contact Customer Service at 1-800-798-7398.
It is possible that the vacuum has overheated. It is equipped with a motor protective thermostat. To reset, see "How do I reset the motor thermostat" above.
For optimal performance, clean the filters regularly. Between cleanings, lightly tap filters over a trash bin to remove any loose/excess dust and other particles. - Pre-Motor Foam & Felt Filters: under normal usage, rinse and let air-dry completely for 24 hours every 3 months or as needed. - Post-Motor HEPA filter: under normal usage, rinse and air-dry completely every 12 months or as needed.
With the dust cup removed, take out the donut-shaped filter assembly from the top of the motor housing. Remove the foam and felt filters and rinse with water until the water runs clear. Let filters air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before reinstalling. Do not clean filters in the dishwasher or washing machine. To replace once dry, put the felt filter in the vacuum first, then add the foam filter.
To access the HEPA filter, reach under the grill, pull the latch forward, and pull the grill away from the vacuum. Remove and rinse with water with the dirty side face-down until the water runs clear. Let filter air-dry completely for 24 hours before reinstalling. Replace the cover by lining up the tabs and closing the cover, pressing down until it clicks into place.
Check the filters if the vacuum is not picking up dirt, if airflow is restricted, or if you notice lighter or no suction. You should tap the filters clean periodically and wash them according to the regular cleaning schedule to maintain optimal performance.
To open the brushroll garage, slide both Access Brushroll buttons toward the back of the nozzle, and the garage lid will pop open. Close garage completely before using the vacuum by pressing down firmly on both sides until it clicks into place.
1. Make sure the nozzle is flat against the floor and the handle is tilted back. 2. Make sure the Power/Surface Selector switch is set to Carpet or Hard Floor. If vacuuming thick carpet or area rugs, make sure the correct setting is selected. Adjust the suction control collar near the handle if needed. 3. If the red light is illuminated on the floor nozzle, see "How do I check for blockages" above. 4. Open the brushroll garage by sliding back both Access Brushroll buttons, then lifting off the lid. Run scissors along the guide in the bristle brushroll to cut away any hair, string, or debris. Avoid damaging or cutting the bristles. The soft roller can be removed by lifting the PULL tab located on one end of the roller. Wipe the soft roller with a dry cloth and remove any debris from the roller housing. 5. Make sure the brushroll garage is completely closed by pressing down firmly on both sides of the lid until you hear it click into place. If brushroll does not work and headlights flash, refer to "What does it mean when the headlights in the nozzle flash" section below.
First, turn the power off and unplug the vacuum. Remove the brushroll garage located on the top of the nozzle by sliding both Access Brushroll buttons toward the back of the nozzle. Pull out the soft roller using the PULL tab located on the right side. Remove any debris from the soft roller housing. Wipe the soft roller with a dry paper towel. If desired, wash the roller with water only and let air-dry completely for up to 24 hours before reinstalling. Reinsert the soft roller by sliding it into the front of the nozzle, starting on the left side, until it clicks into place. Close the brushroll garage by inserting the tabs on the lid into the slots, then pressing down firmly on both sides of the lid until it clicks into place.
This means that the brushroll garage is not completely closed. Turn the vacuum off. Press down on both sides of the garage where you see "Press to Close" until the lid clicks into place. Turn the vacuum back on and tilt the handle back while gently stepping on the floor nozzle to activate the brushrolls.
The dust cup holds 0.9 dry quarts to the MAX fill line. It has an easy, bottom-empty design for quick removal of debris, plus top-empty access for removal of more stubborn debris.
Pull up on the dust cup release latches on the rear of the dust cup handle, and lift the dust cup away from the vacuum body. Note: The dust cup should be emptied each time you vacuum and periodically during cleaning, when it appears full.
Hold the dust cup over a trash bin and press the bottom door release button on the front. Tap gently to empty contents. Press the door shut again until it clicks. If needed, turn the dust cup upside-down over the trash bin and press the top door release button. Tap gently to remove contents or wipe clean with a soft cloth.
For optimal performance, empty the dust cup when the debris reaches the MAX fill line.